Key Themes With Mercury in Taurus
• Who? Mercury is the biggest key player in this event, and as Mercury rules travel, short journeys, and communication, these are the elements of your life that will take on a Taurus flair. Earth Signs Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn then will feel this aspect the most, but this energy is available to all zodiac signs.
• Where? Mercury will be in Taurus for a period of about three weeks. Thus all elements of Mercury, communication, intelligence, the mind, and travel, will take on Taurus themes that have an Earth Sign element, practicality, and responsibility, and a slowed down effect.
• What? Mercury is of the mind and communication, Taurus is about thinking things over, taking things in, reveling in life’s simple pleasures, and moving very slowly. So there will be a lot of deep and practical thinking during this transit, or at least there should be. Take time to think things through. Taurus is practical and plodding, and does not rush too much. Sensory capabilities will also be heightened, as Taurus loves all things sensual.
• When? April 23, 2014 to May 14, 2014
• With Mercury in Aries, communications, thoughts, and discussions were highly charged. Journeying into Taurus however, Mercury takes on an entirely different flavor. This will be a period of slowing down, thinking things through, and quieting the mind to stay grounded in what is real. You want to think before you speak in almost every occasion. This is not one of those transits where you follow your heart. Follow your head this time around, but take your heart with you.
• DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS OFF OF YOUR FIRST IMPRESSIONS. Instead, in new experiences, you want those first impressions to build up slowly. Let your first experience with someone or something slowly percolate, and wait until tomorrow before you make a definitive decision about anyone.
• THINK OF THE BRICKLAYER when you are trying to accomplish something. The bricklayer does not build a project in one day. Slowly but surely, one brick at a time, he carefully considers every brick’s placement and chemistry with the foundation he has created. So too shall you, and you will see success in this transit in all of your work endeavors.
• BE CAUTIOUS AND PATIENT. Mercury in Taurus is not about rushing to the finish line. You are the ever-present tortoise, slowly sneaking your way to the end game. Don’t be overly optimistic either, but positive as Taurus always is.
• TAURUS IS RULED BY VENUS, AND VENUS ALSO RULES LOVE AND BEAUTY among many other splendid things. Being connected to Mother Earth then makes Taurus practical, but also very sensual. So play with your sensual and tactical side. What feels good on your fingertips? A pretty new satin or silk scarf, or some new sheets even, can make all of the difference in your day. This transit is about enjoying and relishing those simple pleasures in life. Treat yourself!
• TIME TO GET REAL. Taurus shoots from the hip and doesn’t offer any bull or bones about it. This is a sign that is rooted in reality. So don’t expect to play games in love or life and get very far. Mercury in Taurus will reveal the real whether you want it to or not, so just better off to keep your hands, and your communication clean and honest. You don’t want the bull to come after you if you don’t.
• CREATE SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE INSPIRED BY. Taurus loves to get their hands dirty in the garden, or in their latest crafty obsession. Create something and use it to communicate something else to someone you love. The effort will be rewarded! This is also a wonderful time to take those crafts and hobbies and try to make some money with them. Taurus is one of the best zodiac signs with money, and this could prove to be a lucrative period for you, or at least start one, if you put your mind to it in the way that Mercury loves for you to do.
• BE CONSISTENT. If you want results, especially in your work or primary partnerships, stay consistent. Don’t say one thing one day, and another the next. Say what you mean and mean what you say. This reliability and consistency will pay off big time.
• EXPECT OTHERS TO BE SLOW MOVING WHEN IT COMES TO DECISIONS. Waiting for someone to make their mind up about something? Don’t pressure them. This is a slow period for the mind, and you WANT people to take time to think over your latest proposition. It is beneath Taurus to be impulsive, so rushing anyone right now will backfire.
• DON’T BE AFRAID TO BE A LITTLE STUBBORN! Maybe you’re the one being pressured and rushed. It’s okay to say no, and it’s okay to ask others to wait for you to make the best possible decision for you. Mercury can definitely be a little finicky and sometimes even flighty. But Taurus definitely is not. So take your time, and don’t let anyone else suggest otherwise.
And there you have it folks! All that you need to know about the next Mercury transit in astrology, with Mercury in Taurus. Remember that this is a more steady and practical transit than competitive Mercury in Aries, and this will bring a nice breath of relief to all zodiac signs. Take your time, as above, so below. What big plans are you hoping to bring forward during this next Mercury transit? I can’t wait to find out!
Veronika Prielozna, MA in time of Mercury retro movement
The source of planetary wisdom: Katherina, astrologist